Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

XL Orange Bag


Here is my take on the Bags you can make's The Bag from a Jacket tutorial!
This is such a great tutorial and I totally recommend it! It was easy to follow and my bag turned out just like I wanted. Best thing is it actually helps you draft the bag you want and not just gives you a fixed pattern! Great for a first-timer! Thank you so much Julija!! :)

Esta mala foi feita a partir do  tutorial The Bag from a Jacket do blog " Bags you can make ". É um tutorial óptimo que eu recomendo! Foi fácil de seguir e a mala ficou exactamente como queria. A melhor coisa é que nos ajuda a desenhar a nossa própria mala em vez de dar um modelo de dimensões fixas. É óptimo para um iniciante! Muito obrigada Julija!! :)


I did not use an old jacket for this (but that is a great idea!), I bought about 0.7 meters of some stiff napa leather in bright orange. I wanted my bag bigger than the one on the tutorial so to fit books, my portable or just anything I needed. I added a bottle holder (yes my water bottle is also orange... I've been kinda obsessed with this color lately) and some pockets inside. I also did not go for the zipper detail. 

I still have enough fabric left for a smaller bag or other projects! All for less than 8 euros! :O

My friends are used to see me in my handmade clothes and when they see me in something cute they ask me if I made it before they ask me where I got it. But this was a surprise! Nobody expected my fashionable faux leather bag to be handmade! ;)


Não usei um casado velho para este projecto (embora seja uma boa ideia!) mas comprei 0.7 metros de napa firme em laranja forte. Queria uma mala maior que a do tutorial para que coubessem livros, o meu portátil ou qualquer outra coisa que precisasse. Adicionei um porta garrafa (sim, a minha garrafa de água também é laranja... tenho estado um bocado obcecada com esta cor) e bolsos no interior. Também não fiz o pormenor do zipper exposto.

Ainda tenho napa suficiente para fazer uma mala mais pequena ou outros projectos! Tudo por menos de 8 euros! :O

Os meus amigos estão habituados a ver-me com roupas feitas por mim e quando me vêem com algo novo ou giro perguntam-me se fui eu que fiz antes de me perguntarem onde o arranhei. Mas este projecto foi uma surpresa! Ninguém esperava que esta mala de napa tivesse sido feita por mim! ;)


Here is Julija's bag (click on the image to go to her post!).
Aqui está a mala da Julija (click na imagem para ver o post dela!)

Follow me at

Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Fashiolista | Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. This is really the first bag you made? It looks AMAZING! Great work :) Thank you very much for sharing :) I'll be looking forward to your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Have been sewing for a while now but never made a "real" bag, if you know what I mean. Thank you! You made it possible!

      Delete
    2. Can I put a photo of your bag to my blog (with a link to your post, of course)? I'm sure others would love to see it, too!

      Delete
    3. Of course! :D Thanks! You can use the ones on my post or if you want to use any particular photo from those in the collages just say so I'll send it to you ;)

      Delete
  2. Love your bag. I am amazed you say it´s your first ever! it´s perfect. May I ask you were you bought the leather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought it at my local fabric store.

      Delete
  3. Guess what!! You are a "best of August pick" on BurdaStyle for this bag! check it out!!
    http://www.burdastyle.com/gallery/341?page=25
    The Cherry Sprinkles dress I made was also picked! YAY!
    Amy
    www.amystebbins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Yes, and my red dress is also there!
      Congratulations Amy! :)
      (a virtual High five?! lol :P)

      Delete
  4. Great work! I love the orange :o)

    Thanks for sharing at Keep Calm & Link Up last week. We are thrilled you chose to join our party and hope you'll be back this week as well!

    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bag. Thanks for linking at Adorned From Above's Link Party this week. Have a great weekend. Debi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita,
    Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo my god you are my hero now officially. great work! i thought you changed the color or something but sewing an entire leather bag? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you! :) It's nice to hear that!

      Delete
  8. Wow! I'm so impressed - it turned out awesome. Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches!

    ReplyDelete

Obrigada por visitar! Comentários e perguntas são sempre bem-vindos!

Thank you for visiting! Comments and questions are always welcome!

Happy DIY!! ,
Rita